Carrick Park Pacing Club (CPPC) is a racing and training facility located in the pretty country town of Carrick in Tasmania’s north.
The CPPC offers a wide range of race day entertainment off the race track, including Fashions on the Field and Tug O War competitions as well as a live band following the last race. The club offers plenty to help keep children entertained with free activities such as face painting and jumping castle. The CPPC also conducts pony races for children with the view of attracting the next generation of harness trainers and drivers.
Carrick Park is looked on as the home of harness racing in Tasmania and delivers a special atmosphere the moment you enter the venue. Members and guests can enjoy the newly renovated bar area or relax on the lawn. The club is renowned by many as selling the best steak sandwiches in the state!
If you are looking for a day out for the family or wanting to meet up with friends you really must try a day at the Carrick races.
Right on the track, be part of the action, we guarantee a great time!Read more
Carrick is a small historic village 17 kilometres west of Launceston in the north of the State. Situated on the banks of the Liffey River, the Meander Valley Highway passes through the town's centre. This historic road was formerly the main road from Launceston to Deloraine and the northwest coast.
The racecourse is situated at the end of East Street, which is the first street on the left when entering the town from the East.
Carrick Park membership is a great way to get involved with harness racing, and to support the club. Our memberships offer great value and include the following benefits:
For membership enquiries please contact us:
Email: email@example.com or Phone: 03 63 93 1771
CPPC has sponsorship packages available starting at $200 including benefits listed below:
For sponsorship enquiries please contact us:
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 03 63 93 1771
The Carrick Hack and Trotting Club was formed in 1912 when the Carrick Racing Club folded. Both forms of racing were conducted for a number of years before becoming the Carrick Trotting Club. Carrick Park has now been a racetrack for over 160 years and has seen the highs and lows of racing. The course is still owned by the Carrick Park Pacing club and is the first club to race on the same course for over 100 years. This historic course is among the longest continual operating harness tracks in Australia. Carrick Park boasts the oldest grandstand in Tasmania still standing – built in 1879.
The Carrick trotting cup was first staged in 1921 and was won by Myrtlewood. In 1982 Prancing Percy won the Carrick Miracle Mile in 1.59, which was the first two-minute mile by a Tasmanian bred horse in Tasmania. The great pacer Halwes won his first race at Carrick and the great thoroughbred Malua won his first race on the Carrick track, which means some of the best Tasmanian horses scored their first wins at Carrick.